Search This Blog

Google Analytics

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

George Yeo not running for Presidential Election

Former Foreign Affairs Minister George Yeo has announced on his Facebook page that he will not run for the Elected Presidency.

George Yeo's Facebook blog post on his decision:

To my dear Friends and Supporters

Over the past few weeks, many Singaporeans have urged me to run for the Presidency. This is a major step which I could not rush into. I thought over it long and hard, consulting not only colleagues, friends and family members, but also taking in the advice and views which many of you conveyed to me in person, on FB, by mail and email, and through friends and relatives.

After considering all factors, I have come to the conclusion that, in this phase of my life, I can better contribute to the Singapore we all love in other ways. I have therefore decided not to run for the Presidency this August.

It is not a decision I take lightly. I know many of you will be disappointed but I ask for your understanding. I will continue to work with you to make Singapore a home rich in memories and full of hope for the future. I would like to express my deep appreciation to all of you who believe in me and offered me your kind support.

I respect his decision and hope him the best in anything he does in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do provide your constructive comment. I appreciate that.

Popular Posts