Search This Blog

Google Analytics

Monday, July 19, 2010

Do not understand Singapore's foreign workforce strategy

Just last February, the Singapore government announced steps to raise foreign worker levy gradually in an attempt to regulate foreign workers influx. Now, after having announced Singapore's hot growing double digit growing GDP numbers, the Singapore government announced we need to import an additional 100,000 foreign workers.

What is happening? This sounds contradicting to me. I do not understand Singapore's strategy.

I hope the Singapore government will take note of other indicators other than the GDP. Early this month, I posted a video Chip Conley: Measuring what makes life worthwhile. From the video, Chip Conley suggested measuring the happiness index of the people instead of GDP. A country is successful only if its people are happy and satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do provide your constructive comment. I appreciate that.

Popular Posts