Search This Blog

Google Analytics

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Apathetic generation

Lost Generation by Jonathan Reed

Yet another works from a Singaporean, inspired by Jonathan Reed's,

I am part of an apathetic generation
and I refuse to believe that
I can bring change to this nation
I realize this may be a shock but
“Democracy, Equality and Freedom are important ideals.”
is a lie, and
“Money and material wealth will make us all happy.”
Singaporeans know that
cars, cash and condominiums
are more important than
the ideals in our pledge
I tell you this
Once upon a time
Singaporeans stood up for justice and each other
but this will not be true in my era
This is a divided unequal selfish society
Everyone tells me
20 yrs from now, true blue S'poreans will be a minority in our country
I do not believe that
I will live in a nation where there is a sense of ownership
In the future
defeat of our society's ideals and core values will be inevitable
No longer can it be said that
My fellow citizens and I care about this nation
It will be evident that
My generation is apathetic and materialistic
It is foolish to presume that
There is hope.

And will come true unless we choose to reverse it. Read the above message, then read it again in reverse.

If only the apathetic generation can really be reversed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do provide your constructive comment. I appreciate that.

Popular Posts