Mapletree Logistics Trust [M44U] requested to halt its trading on Singapore Exchange on Nov 09 1353hr in anticipation of an upcoming significant announcement.
MapletreeLog announced they will launch a private placement to raise between $79 million and $82 million for acquisitions. A total of 115 million new units will be issued. The new units will be priced at between 69 cents and 71 cents each, representing a discount of 3.9 per cent to 6.6 per cent as compared to the last trading price of last Friday's. About $78 million from the private placement will go towards two yield accretive acquisitions in Singapore. The private placement is likely to reduce the stake held by MapletreeLog sponsor, Mapletree Investments, from 46.9 per cent to 44.3 per cent.
Is today's 3 per cent fall, after the trading halt was lifted, a cause for concern? According to MapletreeLog, the yield accretive acquisition will add, on a proforma basis, 0.04 cents or 0.7 per cent to the annualised distribution per unit (DPU) for the period from Jan to Sept. Accretive usually means an acquisition which is expected to increase earnings per share (EPS). MapletreeLog expects the acquisitions total returns will exceed 10 per cent. The trust's annualised distribution yield as at Nov 9 was around 8.1 per cent so far, in my opinion is a good investment.
My personal opinion is that there isn't really a need to press the panic button and sell the stock away. It is important to look beyond and have a longer investment horizon. MapletreeLog has a history of giving out high dividend yields and have performed reasonably well in financial terms. Keep cool.
In a Nov 10 press release from MapletreeLog, it says,
"In connection with the Private Placement, the Manager has announced on 9 November 2009 that, in respect of the Existing Units, a distribution of the distributable income for the period from 1 October 2009 to the day immediately prior to the date on which the New Units are issued pursuant to the Private Placement (the “Advanced Distribution”) will be made on or around 24 December 2009, to those unitholders whose securities account with The Central Depository (Pte) Limited are credited with MapletreeLog Units as at 5:00 pm on 17 November 2009."
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- China stock bubble seen bursting next year
- HSBC tumbles, banks retreat across Asia amid Dubai...
- Is Chrome OS a Bad Evolution / Revolution?
- MEOW - Looks interesting
- Dubai World is in debt
- Final score for one of my module OUT!
- Thanksgiving Google doodle
- Proliferation of ulcers
- No more screening for movie “Capitalism”?
- 3 Investment Myths
- Weekly Address: President Obama Delivers Thanksgiv...
- Thumbs up for ending estate agents dual role
- Happy Thanksgving Day
- Shall look into manufacturing sector when I am fre...
- S&P 500 P/E Ratio as of 24 Nov 2009
- Completely shocked by how efficient my Professor i...
- Attach Files in Offline Gmail
- Buying and selling behaviour of retail investors
- Embed MP3 onto your website
- Interesting podcast on Value Investing
- Google Chrome OS
- Google Navigation is a Total GPS Replacement—As Lo...
- Introduction to Google Maps Singapore with Traffic...
- LTA partners Google to provide traffic & transit i...
- The Complete Guide to Google Wave Preview PDF
- Mouth ulcers yet again
- 范瑋琪 --- 一個像夏天一個像秋天
- Fishbowl brings Facebook to your desktop
- 楊千嬅 -- 明日再會
- Michael Jackson - The face of change
- Michael Jackson glove sells for $350,000
- Are we going to see Year-End Stock Rally?
- The Top 500 Worst Passwords of All Time
- An Inside Look at Google
- Google "Wonder Wheel" search feature
- Why give top students priority in networking event...
- 陳小春 --- 我不是偉人
- Ex-political prisoner, Dr Lim Hock Siew, speaks ou...
- Singapore MTI declared recession is over
- Microsoft Releases Office 2010 for Windows Mobile
- Sir Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity
- Patience proves to be the right strategy
- Can someone confirm December's flight trials dates...
- The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes on i...
- Insurance Companies Will Profit If Status Quo Cont...
- Craving for the below
- Significant amounts of water found on moon, NASA s...
- Folding Plug H 264
- Cannot ping - How to refresh network settings?
- Enid Blyton as a barking-mad adulterous bully?
- Microsoft Adding Twitter, Facebook, Last.fm to Xbo...
- Barcodes - Japan Style
- Comments meant for spamming or marketing will be r...
- Google Go: An Open-Source Programming Language
- Koh Brothers record 1172% higher profit if 3Q08 ex...
- Got 10/10 for class participation
- Google's 'Caffeine' Super Search Is Almost Here
- Why MapletreeLog fell almost 3% today?
- Panda Cloud Antivirus Available for Download
- Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal Forward Leaning ...
- Parkway Holdings
- Historic healthcare overhaul passes House: Vote 22...
- Understanding Null, Empty, Blank, #N/A, ZLS, Nothi...
- Huge library of programming cartoons
- Five political risks to watch in Singapore
- Photoshop is now available on Google Android Phone...
- Michael Jackson's songs with Planet Earth and Civi...
- Google Dashboard - Manage privacy settings easily
- Michael Jackson -- Billie Jean
- Investing in water and wastewater treatment compan...
- Captivated by this Tofu Cheesecake
- Marina Barrage Tour
- 張韶涵 -- 白白的
- Fed up with my project schedule
- We will see Chinese domain names like 开心.sg soon i...
- Did something terribly wrong yesterday
- Warren Buffet acquistion of rail operator, economi...
- Hackers Exploit Google Wave's Popularity
- The Learning Pyramid
- Google testing on new Search Page and it SUCKS
- 'This Is It' tops charts with US$101m worldwide
- Next steps in cyber security awareness
- Correction in the stock market?
- Is recession really over?
- Investing in innovation at Google
- Update on Capitaland Proposed Listing of CapitaMal...
- Cash payment for problematic charging of Motorola ...
- At least 5 6 tying the knot in 3 months' time
- Speech by Lee Hsien Loong at Party Convention 2009...
- 10 tips on how to gain financial muscle step by st...
- ▼ November (91)
- ► 2008 (838)
- ► 2007 (479)
- ► 2006 (338)
- ► 2005 (232)
- ► 2004 (389)