I got to know of Prudential's new product PRUinvestor guaranteed plus only recently.
From agents, it is said to be 1) 100% Capital Guaranteed at maturity, 2) 2.5% p.a. interest guaranteed (Total 13.14%), 3) able to accept both cash and SRS, 4) and telling people application date for such "cool" product is ending soon but that's not really the case. I do not like the way products are marketed by agents.
1. 100% Capital Guaranteed at maturity
It is not really 100% guaranteed if it is guaranteed upon 36 months.
2. Sometimes marketed as 13.14%
This is a common tactic to "fool" aunties and uncles who are unaware of the compounding effect.
3. Able to accept SRS
At the rate of 2.5% p.a., I would say investing SRS monies in such product does not make sense to me since the new CPF interest rate structure is close to 2.5% p.a. too. At least CPF is truly 100% capital guaranteed.
4. Publish application date to be earlier than actual
This tactic attempts to make consumers make rash decisions. By the way, this product is available till 13 November 2009.
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- Weekly Address: Milestones on the Economy and the ...
- Updated Full Google Twitter Accounts
- Is going to court one method to monetize for Faceb...
- Review on Experts-Exchange
- Complaint lodged against my iOCBC Securities broke...
- How to set "Work Offline" for Outlook programatica...
- U.S. 3Q GDP up 3.5 percent
- Google Maps Navigation for Android
- Google launches Music Search
- Funds sweat over new CPFIS criteria
- Cost of Car Ownership in Singapore
- Twitter added beta feature to organize people into...
- Bid farewell to Geocities
- Impressed with today's loadmaster
- The Google Story
- Happy to see my stocks going up
- Top 10 paradoxes of Warren Buffett
- Hanging of a national flag other than Singapore's ...
- Man Utd loses to Liverpool
- Craving for crabs again!
- GOOGLE: The Best Place to Work in the World
- Invited for Google Wave
- Facebook accounts for 25 percent of all page views...
- Flash Mob at Raffles Place - Mass Dance
- 周杰倫 -- 蒲公英的约定
- Mapletree Logistics Trust announced 3Q financial r...
- Which Windows 7 is right for you?
- Windows 7 officially launched today
- Experiencing sudden headache attack
- PSLE Maths Question with Workings
- A lesson in humility at the feet of the Chinese Pr...
- CEOs Are From Venus; CIOs Are From Mars
- Cravings for crabs and IKEA's chicken wings
- Sunderland scored against Liverpool with help of a...
- XL is back in Dec!
- Chimonology: We will agree to disagree
- Weekly Address: Taking the Insurance Companies on ...
- Team Hope - Singapore football team put together f...
- AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 9.0 now available for ...
- Michael Jackson - This is It
- Manage to squeeze 2 trainings after 2 were cancell...
- Dubai Support Fund Insufficient To Meet Debts
- Efficiency in the buying/selling, often mismatch, ...
- GIC could be in another multi-million to a billion...
- Fed up with my HR!
- PTC impose "huge" fine on SBS Transit and SMRT for...
- Bought EPure International shares
- Hope Lorenzo stock will stay or prosper
- Learn more about Windows Phone (running Windows Mo...
- Lim Swee Say has his say again
- Twitter adds "Report as spam" feature
- Got scolding from a scavenger for showing sympathy...
- Busy last quarter
- M1 got deal with Apple to bring iPhone to customer...
- AVG LinkScanner - Detects malicious links includin...
- Some selected questions from PSLE 2009 Maths Exami...
- Singapore 3Q GDP up 0.8%, overall GDP forecast rev...
- 3rd quarter results out from tomorrow onwards
- Trading resumes tomorrow
- President Obama Pushes for Financial Reform
- How Brain Works
- SingTel charges just S$23 for all EPL games on mio...
- 1,390 hits so far for past 7 days
- My opinion on PRUinvestor guaranteed plus product
- Low Thia Khiang says PAP is playing politics toget...
- Superman in Tiger Airways - An Apparent Marketing ...
- 'hongjun' in barcode
- Obama honoured by Nobel Peace Prize
- Printliminator Quickly, Easily Makes Any Page Prin...
- Paradigms as physiological filters
- Any kind soul out there - simple design for my roo...
- OMG! Bidding for World Cup 2018/2022 has begun!
- Not chosen for Kent Ridge Ministerial Forum 2009
- Glad to see Parkway Holdings closing higher again
- Maldives is sinking
- Macworld 2007 - Steve Jobs Keynote Speech - IPHONE...
- Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Speech 2005
- Wonder why SPH publish news without confirming its...
- Parkway Holdings second time buy
- Cheating as defined in Singapore's Penal Code
- iPhone LOL
- Google's Barcode doodle decoded
- Will U.S. dollar finally lose its shine?
- Choosing a smart password
- 刘力扬 & TANK -- 我就是这样
- Webmail like Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL and Gmail had pas...
- Dine and no pay experience for a dinner
- Contra Parkway Holdings
- New content focus for my blog
- The ghost fleet of the recession anchored just eas...
- What is Counterparty (CP)
- Photo of an Ice Berg
- Stock Pick - Parkway Holdings
- All Experts-Exchange Questions Answered by me in a...
- Google Help Forum [Revamped]
- Gold tells you bubble hasn't popped yet
- Should You Go For Endowment Plans Or Regular Savin...
- Savings Account offered by some of the banks in Si...
- State Bank of India Savings Account
- Understanding What is Google Wave in Two Minutes
- IBM LotusLive iNotes to compete with Google Apps G...
- My Job Work Plan - Need to be 70.67% more producti...
- My Self-Upgrade Courses
- Apologise to the person whom I promised to sleep b...
- North Korea 'NO' to Communism; Kim now Supreme Lea...
- China National Day parade
- Starhub loses rights to the Barclays Premier Leagu...
- Google Wave First Look
- Personal SWOT Analysis
- Microsoft Windows 7 Logo Program - Compatible with...
- Twitter soon able to organize friends into "Lists"...
- WolframAlpha tracks Earthquakes Activities
- Microsoft Courier Tablet in Video Edition
- ▼ October (113)
- ► 2008 (838)
- ► 2007 (479)
- ► 2006 (338)
- ► 2005 (232)
- ► 2004 (389)