I myself have invested in Koh Brothers because in my opinion, the company is seen by the government as a trusted partner. One of the many projects other than those for HDB is in fact for the coming Marina Integrated Resort. If I remember correctly, Koh Brothers was mentioned in this year's National Day Rally by PM Lee Hsien Loong. I foresee more big projects from the government.
Koh Brothers wins $58.9m HDB contract
Business Times - 01 Sep 2009
Firm will pursue public infrastructure and govt building contracts, says CEO
By FELDA CHAY
CONSTRUCTION company Koh Brothers Group has clinched a $58.9 million contract from the Housing and Development Board (HDB) to build the second part of Punggol Waterway - a 4.2km waterway that will be connected to Sungei Punggol.
In January, Koh Brothers won a $144.6 million contract from the HDB for the construction of the first part of the waterway.
The latest contract brings Koh Brothers' order book to more than $579 million.
Construction of the second part of the waterway is set to start this month and is expected to be completed by the end of next year. Other ancillary works are expected to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2011.
The latest deal is not expected to have a positive material impact on the group's financial performance for the year ending Dec 31, 2009.
Chief executive Francis Koh said that the company will continue to pursue public infrastructure and government building projects over private construction projects.
'Our past record shows that public projects carry more certainty in terms of payment compared with private projects,' said Mr Koh.
Koh Brothers announced last month that net profit surged to $4.4 million in the first half of the year ended June 30, 2009, from $0.5 million for the corresponding period a year earlier. The improvement was on the back of a 17 per cent increase in revenue to $138.6 million.
The group attributed the higher revenue to the good performance of its construction and real estate divisions.
A construction, property development and specialist engineering solutions provider, Koh Brothers now has 'more than 40 subsidiaries, joint-venture and associated companies spread over Singapore, China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam'.
Koh Brothers shares closed down 1.8 per cent yesterday at 27 cents.
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- Stressful but am looking for joy in it
- My Product Review on CIMB StarSaver Account
- To recommend a stock for others is HARD++
- S'pore firm sells all-terrain vehicle to UK for Af...
- Paper Cranes Productions Wedding Showcase 2008
- Dirpy - Convert YouTube videos into MP3 for listen...
- My answer to an interesting quote
- Taylor Swift -- Love Story
- Ayutthaya Itinerary
- Translator for Libyan leader Colonel Moamer Kadhaf...
- 林峯 + 泳兒 -- 明天以后
- 2009 Formula 1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix Saturd...
- Pondering over a change in environment
- Singaporean wages decreased for the past 3 years, ...
- Beethoven Symphony No.9
- Free Coke Promotion @ Bugis Junction’s McDonalds
- Working time needed to buy a Big Mac
- Experts-Exchange Beta has got blogging feature
- Pre Wedding Film "IMAGINE"
- Flight Trial Celebration at Brotzeit German Bier B...
- Miss Singapore World 2009 Ris Low was charged due ...
- Miniatur Wunderland - Largest model railway / rail...
- The Wonders of Technology - Windows Live Messenger...
- Spent 2 hours planning Bangkok and Ayutthaya trip ...
- Anything can happen will happen
- HP Abandons EDS Brand
- THIS IS FUN!
- Manga artist Yoshito Usui, author of Crayon Shin-c...
- A mysterious series for H.G. Wells
- Warren Buffett, the missing voicemail and the spec...
- To-Do List for long weekend
- Kent Ridge Ministerial Forum 2009
- Market Outlook: Bulls for the past week and the we...
- Requalified for FREE Premium Services from Experts...
- Malaysia trying to claim chilli crab and hainanese...
- Realistic World = The Matrix
- Mythbusting: Frequent Rebalancing improves portfol...
- YouTube Resume from where you left off
- Best Global Brands List 2009
- Google Book Downloader Downloads Books to PDF
- Office Web Applications First Look
- Land Banking investors in Singapore described as N...
- Shares of suitmaker, Dalian Dayang Trands Co, soar...
- Increased holdings on ST Engineering yet again
- The Bizarre Behaviour of Singaporeans
- Marco Polo Marine shares surge too good to be true...
- What is Cognitive Dissonance Theory
- What is Disconfirmation Theory
- Haze Outlook
- Case on Land Banking is now REAL
- 黎明 -- 堆積情感
- Hide your Windows from bosses
- Too auntie behaviour?
- George Yeo on New Media to Build Trust
- My Destiny
- Singapore PSI hits 64 today at 4pm
- Windows 7 Professional-English (32 bit and 64bit) ...
- I am worth S$700,000
- Sitting on comfortable profits on recent stocks fo...
- PM Lee says the interest of citizens will always c...
- Just how difficult it was to cancel an AOL account...
- I am insured the most next week
- Knocking senses into UEFA with "financial fair pla...
- History of the PDA
- Google Fast Flip - News Scanning Tech
- Totally drained (Battery flat)
- Investing for the long term in high dividend yield...
- Fed up with Challenger VERY poor service
- MediShield should cover congenital illnesses
- Removing Splinters using bananas
- Weekly Address: Losing Insurance Can Happen to Any...
- UOB Life Assurance up for sale?
- Rich son poor son
- World turns disapproving eyes on Singapore banquet...
- Do not show your iPhone to Microsoft CEO Ballmer
- Finally people are more understanding
- Facebook Lite: Lighter version of Facebook
- Interesting Warren Buffett Quote on Diversificatio...
- Efficient PDA user once again
- Colleague selling his car for a very unique reason...
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Symphony 40 in G min KV ...
- China-made Losang-branded laptops at COMEX 2009 co...
- Flight confirmed
- Geronimo Stilton - Best-selling children's book se...
- Free laptop for doing freelance
- Embeddable Google Document Viewer
- Google Maps and Hasbro launches Monopoly City Stre...
- Kennedy’s Letter to Obama
- Startup Invents Anti-Theft Tag for Smartphones
- What is "Economic Rent"?
- Memory Lane on Presbyterian High School by a frien...
- MAS responds to feedback on sale of unlisted inves...
- MAS bans use of "Capital Protected"
- Why is price of Gold rising?
- Survived meeting marathon but was left dehydrated
- More Singapore big names firms sold to foreign inv...
- Kraft Foods takeover Cadbury speculation
- Yet another post on Land Banking
- "Google" = "Gogle": Google's unexplained phenomeno...
- Wait and see strategy for September
- 范瑋琪 --- 可不可以不勇敢
- Back to old ways again: Wall Street Pursues Profit...
- More credit card safeguards
- Why some insurance participating policies have poo...
- Understanding CPF Life
- Government telling us to have positive thinking fo...
- Weekly Address: Labor Day and Fair Rewards for Har...
- 21% death claims rejected by California's largest ...
- Does God Exist?
- Finally sold off my last stock that does not align...
- 4 new Gmail themes released
- Lee Kuan Yew - The Founding Father of Singapore
- 張學友 --- 遙遠的她
- Miss Singapore World 2009 Ris Low is a Disgrace
- Reply by MAS on Petition to Prime Minister for gen...
- Pork in Singapore is safe to eat
- Reason for no insurance coverage for flying
- Lim Swee Say and his rhetoric again
- Love Is the Greatest
- Koh Brothers business model fundamentally strong
- Faster free Wireless@SG service
- WPA-Secured Wi-Fi Hacked in 60 Seconds
- Microsoft, Yahoo and Wolfram Alpha team up to comp...
- Big project starts today
- ▼ September (125)
- ► 2008 (838)
- ► 2007 (479)
- ► 2006 (338)
- ► 2005 (232)
- ► 2004 (389)