I was completely stumped on Chinese New Year's Eve when I paid for my lunch. I bought economical rice from a stall I hardly visit because the food aren't as nice as tne one I usually frequent. Many stalls were closed for business that day.
I understand and expect food vendors to raise food prices during the Chinese New Year period, however, the economical rice stall decision to increase by $1 is just ridiculous. A $2.60 pack of rice would cost $3.60. I asked them to justify for the more than expected increase and the answer I got was "Chinese New Year".
Chinese New Year is suppose to be an occasion whereby many celebrate. Now, food vendors simply take advantage of this joyous occasion and increase prices to increase profit margin.
If the reason for an increase is boss having to pay extras to workers to work during this period, I understand. But, any increases should be moderated. An increase of 38% for a plate of economical rice is certainly too much.
To add on, I feel a notice of an increase in prices must be clearly displayed to consumers. As for my case, I only knew it when I questioned why the $3.60.
I certainly feel this is unethical and unfair to consumers.
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- 25 Random Facts About Me
- Base Location for Gears Running in Firefox
- Common Interview Questions on ADO.NET
- First Official Description of GDrive
- Google Chrome Spoof to be Safari to Get Past Hotma...
- Looking for SCS Members
- Gmail offline: A guided tour
- Offline Gmail Move Advocates a Mix of On-Premise a...
- How Offline Gmail Gets Synchronized?
- Watch the Final Gmail Collaborative Video
- Ten Years of Google
- Google Gmail Goes Offline
- Unjustified Jump in Food Prices during Chinese New...
- Market's outlook? Element-ary, say feng shui maste...
- More Signs of a Google Webdrive
- Windows 7.0 Final Nail in the Desktop Linux Market...
- History of the Internet
- Public Transport Operators Mull Possible Fares Red...
- Directory Listing Web Application in VBScript
- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer Memo to Employees On 5...
- Another Inspirational Speech by Obama - Whistle St...
- Singapore Budget 2009
- Comments on Finance Minister Tharman Speech Delive...
- How to Disable Windows AutoRun Feature
- Modules to Take This Semester (Finalized)
- AIG to NOT Renew Sponsorship With Manchester Unite...
- Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta
- S R Nathan Congratulated 44th U.S. President Obama...
- HSBC Rating Downgraded by Societe Generale
- MTI Revises Forecasts for 2009 GDP Growth to -5.0 ...
- Inauguration of 44th U.S. President Obama Reminds ...
- Government Sector to See Pay Cut
- Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) to Be Next Victim?
- Hopeful for U.S. President-Elect Obama
- What Does Democracy Means?
- Google Gmail Upcoming Features
- Gmail Labs New Feature: Send & Archive
- Amazing Close Up Video of US Airways Flight 1549 C...
- News Leak: Hudson Crash from Coast Guard Camera
- Project Management Explained
- President George W. Bush Farewell Speech
- How big is a string in .NET?
- Freight rates sink to zero as trade dives
- Plane Crash Hudson River But All Safe After 5 Minu...
- Modules Likely to Ballot For
- Apple Steve Jobs to Step Down Until End of June
- Vulnerabilities in SMB Could Allow Remote Code Exe...
- Carol Bartz Joins Yahoo! as Chief Executive Office...
- Wish List for Budget 2009
- New EZLink Card Marketing Gimmicks
- Somali pirates drown as they flee with ransom
- Windows 7 Beta Download Extended to 24 Jan
- Finally Got My Windows 7 Beta Product Key
- Windows 7 Beta Still Unavailable for Download
- Spam Comments Will Not Be Published
- The Dumbest Gadget of CES 2009
- New EZLink Card No Deposit Not True
- Google Changes Favicon Again
- How to run a legal copy of Vista for 120 days with...
- Direct Download Link for Windows 7 Beta
- Windows 7 Beta Download Pulled Off Due to Overwhel...
- Unable to Download Windows 7 Beta
- NUS School of Computing Welcome Tea
- In Support of National Library Board Latest Polici...
- Google Chrome 2.0 Pre-Beta Out
- How to Get Your Windows 7 Beta 1 on Friday
- Times Are Bad and Even US Porn Industry Are Asking...
- Microsoft to Release Windows 7 Beta for FREE Downl...
- Singaporeans to Work and Work Until 65 Years Old
- Ultimate List of Free Windows Software from Micros...
- Apple's Steve Jobs Losing Weight Due to Hormone Im...
- What Courses Should I Take?
- The Crunchies 2008 Awards Open for Voting
- Five Best Media / Video Converters
- Singapore Economy for Year 2008 Revised Downwards
- Two Years of Financial Mayhem
- Stolen Madoff statue returned with note attached
- Chartered alert adds to woes for Singapore
- Is Microsoft Massive Layoffs for January Going to ...
- China Convicts 11 For Pirating Microsoft Products
- Microsoft's Zune Leap Year Bug
- Happy New Year 2009
- ▼ January (82)
- ► 2008 (838)
- ► 2007 (479)
- ► 2006 (338)
- ► 2005 (232)
- ► 2004 (389)