An article from the Malaysian Bar mentioned three land investment companies were raided by the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM). These companies were UK Land International (M) Sdn Bhd, Profitable Plots Sdn Bhd and Edgeworth Properties (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd. They are suspected of offering investments in illegal land investment schemes.
More than 2 months ago, I posted an article on Land Banking. I have got no experience in this area of investment but at least I believe one should invest in something that is not structured, transparent and something you are familiar.
I notice Profitable Plots has been quite aggressive in marketing U.K. lands in Singapore. Not only are they doing road shows, they are making TV ads appearances as well. I do not wish to comment on this form of investments but I thought the Singapore government should ensure they are safe and legal.
Companies Commission raids three companies over illegal land investments [via]
Land Banking - Read This First [via]
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- ► 2009 (1010)
- Employment Situation in Third Quarter 2008
- Motorola's Struggle For Survival
- Wubi - Ubuntu Installer
- Alan Greenspan 看走眼 Folly
- Invest Is the Right Way to Fight Inflation
- Gantt Charts in Google Docs Spreadsheets
- Classic Conversion of Infix to Postfix
- Maybank S$100 Cash Credit Promotion for All Credit...
- 89 Ways for You to Become the Coolest Programmer i...
- Microsoft Office Now On Web
- Windows 7 Walkthrough, Boot Video and Impressions
- MayBank iSavvy Savings and StandChart e$aver Inter...
- Load Gmail in Various Modes
- Value of a Degree
- 3 Land Investment Companies in Malaysia Raided
- How to Add a Google Gadget to Your Blog?
- What is Caveat Emptor?
- Pay Comparison Between Singapore and Hong Kong Min...
- Minister Mentor Lee Kwan Yew on "Assortative Matin...
- New Worm Found that Takes Advantage of Microsoft L...
- Wishing for Emoticons Enabled Signature for Gmail
- Panic Grips Investor Psyche In World Markets
- Comments on Electricity Tariff Hike by The Electri...
- Gmail Emoticons Unveiled
- Urgent Windows Security Patch Released
- Monthly Manufacturing Performance - September 2008...
- Convert PDF to Word Online for FREE
- CPI for September 2008 at 6.7%
- Bill Gates Has Started a New Company, bgC3
- Help for Minibond Investors
- Advanced IP Scanner
- Gmail to Move Previously Auto-Added Contacts Out
- Lehman Minibonds Prospectus Is a Lengthy 84 Pages ...
- Prudential, MetLife Shares Fall On Writedown Fears...
- Warren Buffett Investment Tips - Buy American. I A...
- Fundamental Practices for Secure Software Developm...
- MAS Stance On Sale of Structured Investment Produc...
- My Master of Computing Application Accepted
- One Milestone Down And More to Go
- Prudential and Aviva May Need to Raise Capital
- Comment On MAS Actions On Current Mini-bonds Issue...
- Singapore Government to Guarantee All SingDollar a...
- Structured Products Saga to Resolve Quickly Else
- Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition 3.1 Beta 1 Relea...
- Hong Kong Chief Executive Talks Tough On Minibonds...
- Internet Usage Helps Stimulates Brain
- SGX Daily Trading Value Down 51.1%
- Firefox 3.1 Beta Released
- Mozilla, Ajaxian Partner to Create Developer Tools...
- U.S. Government to Invest in 9 Major Banks
- One word to describe Google Reader
- RBS, HBOS and Lloyds TSB Nationalised
- Follow My Blog
- HTC G1 Android Phone Already Secured 1.5 Million P...
- Using Hashing to Obscure Sensitive Data
- Beyond - 永遠懷念家駒
- Beyond - Selected Tracks
- How to Start a YouTube Video Anywhere You Desire
- Interesting Comment In Response to My Earlier Post...
- Monetary Authority of Singapore to Ease Monetary P...
- Singapore 0.5% 3Q GDP Decline Brings Us to Recessi...
- Piles of Bank Notes Needed for Shopping in Zimbawe...
- Gmail Labs Introduces Mail Goggles
- Second Opinion On Side Effect of Short Selling
- Opera Browser Release Version 9.6
- Monkeys work in Japanese restaurant
- How to Get Back Desktop and Taskbar Without Reboot...
- Singapore Heading for Recession
- Asia / Pacific Bourses Plunge Plunge Plunge
- The Seven R’s of Change Management
- A Look At Wall Street's Shadow Market - Credit Def...
- Hong Kong Minibond Buyback Proposal
- Quick Search On Who's My MP
- Try Out Google Android Online
- CNBC Video - Lehman's Minibond Meltdown
- Google Gears and Its Direction
- Vice Presidential Nominees Debate Between Gov. Pal...
- Completed ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate in IT Ser...
- Banks in Hong Kong in Private Talks With Investors...
- How to Disable Notification Balloon Tips On System...
- Watch Episode 1 of The Security Show: Cybercrime
- Google Shares Appeared to Plunge to Mere 1 Cent
- DBS Triple Happiness Capital Guaranteed Fund May N...
- True Life Story of a Miser
- 21% Electricity Tariff Hike Justifiable?
- Google Tenth Birthday Site
- Microsoft 7 tips for working securely from wireles...
- First U.S. 2008 Presidential Debate
- ▼ October (88)
- ► 2007 (479)
- ► 2006 (338)
- ► 2005 (232)
- ► 2004 (389)