Is customer feedback survey useless? Has it lost its original intention?
A "Customer Feedback Survey" is often used when a project completes or a master contract expires. Customers are to fill in a customer feedback survey form to indicate how satisfied are they on a project outcome. A rating scale is usually used, for example, rating of 1 indicates "Poor" and a 5 indicates "Excellent".
This system may seem to be quite effective, however, there lies a very serious defect. Problem arises when customers start giving majority rating of 5 for good which is lower than excellent. This realistically exists when the relationship between the customer and the provider is good. Another different customer may give a rating of 4.5 to reflect excellent. See the catch? I personally feel a score of 4.5 out of 5 is already in the excellent band, however, he may end up in a lower band due to another customer giving 5 for a mere "Good". In real world, the guy giving a rating of 4.5 may end up getting a "scolding". Who knows all will give 5 the next time!
Back to my questions on the effectiveness of "Customer Feedback Survey", I have actually given my answers above.
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- ► 2009 (1010)
- Singapore First Olympic Medallist Tan Howe Liang R...
- Internet Explorer 8.0 Beta 2 Reviews
- Majority Recently Listed IPOs Not Performing
- Different Types of Software Testing
- 12 Sly Web Tricks That Put You in Control
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 Beta 2 Release And...
- SQL Server 2008: Table-valued parameters (New Feat...
- Study Details Before Buying Endowment Policies
- Standard Chartered's e$aver Accounts Interest Rate...
- The Paper Airplane Guy In Singapore
- Google Suggest Now On Google Homepage
- Singapore's Manufacturing Output Down 21.9% in Jul...
- 9th U.S. Bank, The Columbian Bank and Trust Compan...
- Increase LINQ Query Performance On Large Datasets
- Singapore CPI Up 6.5% In Jul 2008 Y-O-Y
- Singapore to Keep Currency Policy Unchanged
- Ministers Should Taste Public Transport Experience...
- Singapore Li Jiawei Mentioned 中国人
- Temasek's Holdings Assets Grew 13%
- Microsoft Photosynth Goes Live
- One Quarter of Beijing Olympics Table Tennis Playe...
- Singapore Paddler Gao Ning Crashes Out in Just 24 ...
- American Airlines First to Offer Onboard WiFi Serv...
- Temasek Holdings Assets Worth S$185 Billion
- Chinese Seems to be Everywhere for Table Tennis
- .NET Reflector Acquired By Red Gate
- Aussie Central Bank Signals Early Interest Rates C...
- China's Sensation Liu Xiang Limped Out of Olympics...
- Hai Leck Holdings Limited
- Protect Your Kids Online Using Open DNS
- Trading for a Living
- More Cars Means More ERP
- Singapore Table Tennis Women's Team Reaches Olympi...
- Google Android Phone Rumoured Out On Sep 17
- Google Adsense Opens Up for Feeds
- Facebook Stands Atop Social Networking World
- CPF Ordinary Account Interest Rate Stays at 2.5%
- Singapore 2Q 2008 Trade Performance and Outlook fo...
- Creating Online Forms Easier With Google
- Google Page Creator Service Discontinued
- Aurora Browser 4 Parts Video Released
- Comments on National Day 2008 Message (Chinese) By...
- Singapore Growth Revised to 4% - 5% From National ...
- Comparison of Movie Ticket Prices Soon
- Confucius Was First Programmer - Rectification of ...
- Manifesto for Agile Software Development
- Software Engineering Code of Ethics and Profession...
- Watch the Olympics Online
- Mozilla Looking Into New Aurora Browser For New Ge...
- Is Customer Feedback Survey Useless?
- Google Launches Insights
- "Velocity" in Software Engineering Context
- Friendster Wins $20 Million, Google Exec as CEO
- SGX Monthly Volume Shrinks Sharply
- .NET DirectoryInfo.GetFiles() Method Unexpected Be...
- WikiTaxi - Offline Wikipedia Wherever You Go
- Windows Vista Performance and Tuning Guide By Micr...
- Aussie and Kiwi Dollar
- Do Not Forget Your Debit Cards If You Have Them
- Yahoo! Received 85% Vote in its Favour On AGM
- National Day Rally 2008 Speakers
- Yet Another U.S. Bank Closes - 'First Priority Ban...
- FCC No to Comcast Slowing Down BitTorrent Transfer...
- McCain Campaign Ad Mocks Obama as The One
- Local Transport Operators Submit Face Adjustments ...
- Land Banking - Read This First
- ▼ August (67)
- ► 2007 (479)
- ► 2006 (338)
- ► 2005 (232)
- ► 2004 (389)