Search This Blog

Google Analytics

Saturday, June 28, 2008

CASE Says Most Cooked Food Costs $2.50 and Below Puzzling

According to a survey conducted by Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE), 240 of 395 food items surveyed could be bought at S$2.50 and below. I find this findings puzzling and I wonder how this statistics are determined.

My personal experience is that it is almost impossible to find food that cost less than or equal to $2.50 nowadays (I exclude the $2.00 Nasi Lemak that sells in set made popular by Hup Lee). I have doubts in the area CASE conducted their survey. If the hawker centres being targeted were mostly located in low income area, then the result would be biased.

I am expecting netizens to raise similar doubts on CASE findings.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/356748/1/.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do provide your constructive comment. I appreciate that.

Popular Posts