International Court of Justice has just awarded sovereignty of Pedra Branca to Singapore while the Middle Rocks belongs to Malaysia.
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website, Pedra Branca is an island that sits at the eastern entrance of the Straits of Singapore. It lies about 24 nautical miles to the east of Singapore. Its location has long been of strategic importance to us as it commands the entire eastern approach to the Straits of Singapore, through which almost 900 ships pass daily.
Sovereignty over Pedra Branca/Pulau Batu Puteh, Middle Rocks and South Ledge (Malaysia/Singapore)
Pedra Branca, South China Sea
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- ► 2009 (1010)
- Market Roundup 26-30 May 08
- Creating Contact Us Form Using Google Docs
- The Internet is Killing You - Making Us Narrow Min...
- What is pwdump?
- Equitable Life VS NTUC Income
- Ophcrack - Crack Windows Password Easily
- Google Earth Goes Browser
- Find Out What Fonts An Image Is Using
- Adobe Flash Player Prone to Remote Code-Execution ...
- Vietnam - Heading for Currency Crisis?
- IE7Pro - The Ultimate Add-On for Internet Explorer...
- Collective Protest on NTUC Income Recent Bonus Cut...
- Tiger Airways to charge for all checked-in baggage...
- Last Thing You Don't Wish On Space - Toilet Malfun...
- Google Code AJAX Libraries - Hosting Most Popular ...
- Windows 7.0 to be Launched in Jan 2010
- Facebook to Open Source Facebook Platform for Open...
- How to Protect a Stolen Mobile Phone
- George Soros Says Rocketing Oil Prices is a Bubble...
- The Great Singapore Sale 2008 (23 May - 20 July)
- SMRT Train Fare Structure - Leaves Me Puzzled
- Photos of Mount Kota Kinabalu Trip
- Unit Testing Transact-SQL Code
- TinEye - Image Search Engine
- ICJ Awards Pedra Branca Sovereignty to Singapore
- Singapore Inflation at 7.5% for April 2008
- OCBC and StandChart Emerge Winners to Take Care of...
- The DBA Daily Checklist
- Back from Mount Kota Kinabalu Trip
- Away from 15-19 May to Mount Kota Kinabalu
- Poor Service Encountered at Army Market
- At Johor Bahru City Square McDonalds
- Standalone Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Image f...
- Is NTUC Income Spending $2,000 Per Chair True?
- Aberdeen Asset Management Asia Limited Buy ST Engi...
- Puppy Linux - OS for Flash Drive at Less Than 100M...
- Is NTUC Income Spending Millions Extravagantly?
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Available for Down...
- Deepest Condolences to Victims Affected by Myanmar...
- Collective Protest Against NTUC Income Recent Arbi...
- Microsoft Withdraws Proposal to Acquire Yahoo!
- The ABCs of Securing Your Wireless Network
- Are Singaporeans Taking Public or Private Transpor...
- AVG 8.0 Free Version Out for Download
- Raffles Place Ghost Turns Out to be a Hoax
- Labour Day - An Opportunity to Express Themselves
- Labor Day in US - First Monday of September
- Singapore's GIC may invest in more banks
- ▼ May (48)
- ► 2007 (479)
- ► 2006 (338)
- ► 2005 (232)
- ► 2004 (389)