I cannot imagine how Singaporeans commute if Singapore's 6.5 million population target is achieved.
Last Friday at around 7.30pm, I was at Raffles Place MRT interchange waiting for train towards Marina Bay direction. Marina Bay, one station away from Raffles Place, is the last station along the North-South line. My intention was to take the same train up north when it resume its journey in opposite direction so as to guarantee a seat. Usually only a small number of commuters alight at Marina Bay since it is the last station and there isn't much to entice people to visit except steamboat buffet dinner.
What I witnessed today was something to be worried about. There were quite a number of commuters actually waited for the same train at Raffles Place towards Marina Bay like myself. At Marina Bay, less than ten actually alighted and almost all remained in train. There were already commuters standing without a seat. I could not recall seeing such things happening a year ago.
I repeat again that I cannot imagine how Singaporeans commute if Singapore's 6.5 million population target is achieved. There is no way frequencies of trains to be increased during peak hours since I would say the current 2-3 minutes interval is the best transport operators can offer making sure trains are spaced apart at safe distance. An alternative could be improve and better integrate public transport networks.
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- ► 2009 (1010)
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Ready for Download...
- High Cost of Living in Singapore
- Raffles Place Ghost Mystery
- NTUC Income Annual Bonus Cut but Up Special Bonus ...
- NTUC Income Annual Bonus Cut - Is It Fair?
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Out Soon
- Back from Genting Trip
- Deepavali to be on 27 Oct in Year 2008 Instead
- What is Metacognition?
- Who is Ray Ozzie?
- Ubuntu Cheat Sheet
- Singapore March 2008 CPI Up 6.7%
- MayBank iSAVvy Savings Account Interest Rates Revi...
- Shutdown Windows Using Built-In GUI
- Receiving Average 30 Emails Per Day
- SQL Server 2008 New Languages Causing SQL error 40...
- Directory Listing in ASP
- Three Possible Factors Leading to Escape of Mas Se...
- My Experts-Exchange Answered Questions Compiled as...
- PayPal to Block Browsers for Security
- Google Whois Search
- Sound Banking System in Singapore - Deposit Insura...
- What Warren Thinks and His Advice On Investing
- EE Member Satisfied With Help Provided
- How to Lock Your Computer Using Script?
- How Hedge Fund Managers Win Billion Dollar
- The Best and Worst Ways to Optimize Your Code
- Full Mobile Number Portability Finally Here in Sin...
- Potential Harm of Bisphenol-A (BPA) In Containers,...
- Upload and Convert PowerPoint Slides to Video
- How to Perform "No to All" When Copying Files
- Creating a Directory Browsing Page Using ASP
- Singapore to Diversify Pork Sources
- Test Regular Expressions Online with RegExr
- StreetDirectory Back on 14 Apr 2008
- How to Download YouTube Video?
- My Current Wallpaper
- AMD Loses Third Senior Executive in Less Than a Ye...
- Google Launching To-Do List Product?
- 8 Reasons the US May Be in Worse Trouble Than You ...
- East Asia: Foreign Reserves Minus Gold
- Microsoft Vista User Account Control (UAC) Designe...
- Adobe Launches Media Player
- What does S$NEER Stands for?
- The Toilet Paper Shortage of 1973
- Overcrowded Train Systems in Singapore
- Premium Bus Services in Singapore Premium?
- How to Bind Papers Without Staples or Clips
- Olympic Sabotage at London
- StreetDirectory.com Will Be Back Soon
- Jade Technologies Holdings Ltd Plunges 70.5% By Sp...
- VeriSign® Identity Protection Developer Test Drive...
- How to Determine Page File Size for 64-bit Windows...
- Five ERP Gantries To Begin Operations On 7 April
- Singaporeans Willing to Travel for Favourite Foods...
- Free High Quality Windows XP 3D Style Icons
- Five Best Instant Messengers by LifeHacker
- Phones or PDAs to Support Windows Mobile 6.1
- Street Directory Down for Days After Losing Appeal...
- Google CIO Douglas Merrill Resigns to Join EMI as ...
- ISO Approves Microsoft's OOXML
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Just Released
- Yahoo New Site Targets Women - Shine
- Microsoft SQL Get Number of Rows from All Tables
- Google Docs Goes Offline
- ▼ April (65)
- ► 2007 (479)
- ► 2006 (338)
- ► 2005 (232)
- ► 2004 (389)