Search This Blog

Google Analytics

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Creating a Directory Browsing Page Using ASP

Microsoft provides sample classic ASP code to perform directory listing on a web directory. Someone on a IT forum actually pointed out the below code. I thought Microsoft does a great job since Directory Listing is often a frequently asked question. However, there is a catch in the code and some will be caught scratching their head as to why there is a security issue running the script.

You will need to comment out line 6 - 9.
   6: ' this section is optional - it just denies anonymous access
   7: If Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")="" Then
   8:    Response.Status = "401 Access Denied"
   9: End If

Creating a directory browsing page using ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224364

I shall be posting my own Directory Listing version in classic ASP in a day or two's time.

1 comment:

  1. I am also agreeing on this that Microsoft is really doing great job in directory listing as if I am learning so much from a directory listing using ASP.

    ReplyDelete

Do provide your constructive comment. I appreciate that.

Popular Posts