COMING VERY SOON
- By June: More peak-hour and full-day bus lanes.
- By year-end: Motorists must give way to buses leaving bus bays. Buses get priority to turn at junctions.
- By 2009: Bus speeds raised to 20 to 25kmh, from 16 to 19kmh.
- By May: Bus arrivals in real time at another 20 bus stops, raising total to 50.
- By July: SMS for arrival times at some bus stops.
- Journey planner, using Internet or phone, to find best electronic public transport map.
- By year-end: Season pass for travel on both bus and rail, regardless of operator.
- By 2009: Fares completely distance-based. No boarding charge for transfers.
- In the works: More air-conditioned transport hubs in Bedok, Jurong East, Serangoon, Joo Koon and Marina South.
Seamless connections, shorter journeys
- Now: Bus companies plan bus routes.
- By 2009: Government does centralised bus route planning.
- Open up bus routes to best bidder, possibly as early as 2010.
- More niche and premium services.
- August 2009: Eight in 10 services to run every 10 minutes or less, down from today's 15 minutes.
- 2015: Eight in 10 commuters will complete their trip within one hour, up from seven in 10 today.
- 2020: Trips on public transport to take no more than 1.5 times that by car, down from today's 1.7 times.