When you give your email address to a website, you hope that they don't sell or trade your address to a bunch of spammers. Well if they do, here is a simple way to see what sites are responsible for what particular piece of email. This requires you have a Gmail account.
If your Gmail login name was email@example.com and you went to samplesite.com to fill out a registration form, instead of just entering firstname.lastname@example.org as your email, enter it as email@example.com instead. When Gmail sees a "+" in an email address, it uses all the characters to the left of the plus sign to know who to send it to. In this example it would still send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now whats cool is if you search Gmail for username+samplesitecom, you will see all massages that were sent to that email address.
To see who is responsible for sending a specific message click the Show Details link and you will see the complete address.
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- ► 2009 (1010)
- ► 2008 (838)
- ► 2007 (479)
- Knoppix 5.0
- Got Myself A Free Book
- Search Engine With Visual Effects
- Today is VS and SQL 2005 1 Year Birthday
- Hacking Email: 99 Email Security and Productivity ...
- Microsoft Windows Vista Wallpapers
- Will you stay in India?
- Albert Einstein Quote
- Statement Of Attainment (1)
- STB offers free shuttle service from Johor Bahru t...
- We Live In Singapura
- Find out who gives away your email address with Gm...
- BlueScreen Screen Saver v3.2
- Vista's Pros and Cons
- How I Celebrated My Birthday
- Happy 25th Birthday To Myself
- Target To Hit 3000 By End of 2006
- OT Today
- Google's SearchMast Update
- Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta
- Online file conversion with Zamzar
- 8 Simple Rules For Developing More Secure Code
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2005 (232)
- ► 2004 (389)