BECAUSE public transport operators lose significant revenue to fare cheats, a new law was passed recently to fine or imprison them.
Actually, these cheats are trivial compared to passengers who blatantly occupy an extra seat by putting personal or bought items there. They close their eyes, oblivious to other passengers even when the bus or train is packed.
Not placing the items on the floor deprives other commuters of an available seat. Sometimes, the items may contain wet, dirty or smelly matter like seafood which may soil the seat and make it unusable until it is cleaned.
The worst case is when a bus passenger stretches his legs across to touch the opposite facing seat. These are the 'super' cheats. One passenger can then 'occupy' four seats (with his legs creating a barrier to two other adjacent seats).
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- ► 2009 (1010)
- ► 2008 (838)
- ► 2007 (479)
- Feb Is A Short Month
- Savings Ratio (Feb 2006)
- Microsoft unveils the Vista versions
- Pity Tammy
- NUS graduates get jobs faster, earning higher pay
- Income Requirement For Credit Cards
- Men Are From Mars & Women Are From Venus Workshop
- I Am a Martian
- Google Launches Page Creator Web Publishing Tool
- 'Fare cheats' take more than one seat
- Big Mistake
- StateStitch 2005
- Got A New Job
- Budget 2006: Household Benefits Calculator
- Font Rendering Technology
- NUS Proactive
- SG's Budget 2006
- Insurance Recommendations Anyone?
- Made Partial School Fees Payment
- My Johari Window
- Stingy RCL
- Just condemned another site
- IE7 Preview by WebMonkeys
- I Owe Lots of Money
- Finally Got IT!
- Investment Seminar Place Confirmed
- Waiting and waiting...
- Busy Busy Busy
- AOL, Yahoo to Charge for Email
- Calling All LCD Users
- Investment Summit (Reminder)
- ClearType Text in IE7
- Food Stalls Increase Price
- Dissatisfied With IE 7 Beta 2
- No mails from NUS
- Join the Flex Revolution
- Feared computer 'worm' said to cause little disrup...
- Cost of Food Increased
- The Most Intelligent Add-In To VisualStudio.NET
- Google Downplays Goobuntu Linux Rumor
- Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2
- KamaSutra Worm to Attack Feb 3
- 'Free' is the new 'cheap' for software tools
- Holiday Mood Over
- ▼ February (44)
- ► 2005 (232)
- ► 2004 (389)