Below is a poem happen to be found inside a Pakistani's English language textbook having the first letter of each line spelt out "President George W Bush". The anonymous poem, called The Leader, is seen as a praise for the president. This textbook is due to be reprinted next year.
Patient and steady with all he must bear,
Ready to meet every challenge with care,
Easy in manner, yet solid as steel,
Strong in his faith, refreshingly real.
Isn't afraid to propose what is bold,
Doesn't conform to the usual mould,
Eyes that have foresight, for hindsight won't do,
Never backs down when he sees what is true,
Tells it all straight, and means it all too.
Going forward and knowing he's right,
Even when doubted for why he would fight,
Over and over he makes his case clear,
Reaching to touch the ones who won't hear.
Growing in strength he won't be unnerved,
Ever assuring he'll stand by his word.
Wanting the world to join his firm stand,
Bracing for war, but praying for peace,
Using his power so evil will cease,
So much a leader and worthy of trust,
Here stands a man who will do what he must.
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- ► 2009 (1010)
- ► 2008 (838)
- ► 2007 (479)
- ► 2006 (338)
- Biggest Discoveries of 2005
- Is that a vacation job or free labour?
- 2 More Days
- KPO or Gossiper
- Moving Towards Transparency
- Bad Feeling
- Kukup Trip
- New Year's Day to be a second late
- So Proud of Regine
- New Belt
- The 10 Commandments of Microsoft Access
- My Top 10 Best Products of 2005
- The 100 Best Products of 2005
- EE Kinder Surprise
- 1,000,000 Mark
- ORD LOH
- More than half of Asia's software illegal
- Rank High for Quick Answer
- Correction To Below Posting
- NHG Polyclinics Unexpected Alert Box
- 5 days to ORD
- Poem to Promote Bush
- Especially Sleepy
- Do You Surf in Toilet?
- 23rd SEA Games Medal Tally (Finalized)
- Difficult Project
- Freelance Project Ethics
- Back to Books From Tomorrow
- Wes is 100
- Who Wrote Amazon.com Search Engine?
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2004 (389)