Search This Blog

Google Analytics

Sunday, June 22, 2003

Courage Fund Concert

I went to the courage fund yesterday. As planned, my brother and I reached Sentosa at around 2pm. We then took the blue line shuttle bus to the underwater world before embarking on a walk around Sentosa mission. From there, we walked through Jungle Trail, Butterfly Garden, Amphitheatre, Merlion Walk, Musical Fountain and then back to gateway carkpark where the concert was held. From 5:30pm, we started forming up at the open patch 50 metres away from the stage. We are considered one of the early birds.

10 minutes before the concert commenced, some advertisements are played on the 3 big projector screens showing upcoming concerts. Whenever Elva Hsiao's July concert advertisement was played, fans cheered for she was one of the celebrities for the night, however, whenever Fan Yi Qing's (an oldies) concert was played, they jeered and some even made nasty comments like "quite unbelieveable for having 60% tickets sold out".

Concert kicked off with Shin Xing Yue Tuan, a Taiwanese rock band, playing their instruments and the main lead singer raising the entire atmosphere. I would grade them 10 out of 10 for the excellent rock music created, the main singer great display of his vocal talents especially when he sang the "One night in Beijing" song. That song was meant to be a duet with the female singer singing in opera mode. However, the main singer of Shin sang it alone switching from male to female vocal when necessary. That was really entertaining. They reminded me of "Beyond".

The next celebrity was Elva Hsiao. As usual, she always wore cargo pants during concert performances. Many cheered for her dance moves. I would grade her 8 out of 10.

One of the celebrities was Fan Wei Qi. I would say she had got an excellent vocal and her popularity cannot be underestimated. When she sang the "Qi Chen" song, almost all sang along with her and that really impressed me. She had got a mature and pretty looks and her voice was deep and mature. I like her a lot. I would grade her 10 out of 10.

Newcomer Xiao Xiao was also one of the celebrities. She was nicknamed "Beautiful Angel" for her cute and sweet looks and voice. She really reminded me of Fan Xiao Juan. I would say she was just a normal next door girl I'd seen. Her grade was 7 out of 10.

Elva's rival for the status princess, Jolin Tsai, made her appearance towards the end of the concert and I would say she attracted more support from the 20K fans. I liked Elva more than Jolin for her better vocal. I would grade her 8 out of 10.

The very last performer for the night was 5566, a Taiwan boy band. The opening of their performance started off with series of fireworks display, video clips display on projector, anticipation by fans, screams et cetera, simply fantastic. The moment they pop out from nowhere, many screamed like never before - really incredible. For their swift dance moves, pleasant vocals, excellent atmosphere created just like what Shin did for the opening, I would grade them 10 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do provide your constructive comment. I appreciate that.

Popular Posts